Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Mike <mz...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/05 15:08:59 UTC

Wrong number of found documents (grouping)

Hello!

Much fewer documents are displayed for me than are available in grouped ..
-> numFound.

Is a trick maybe necessary to display the correct number of found documents
in grouping mode and multi core search.

Thanks

Mike

Re: Wrong number of found documents (grouping)

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 1/5/23 08:08, Mike wrote:
> Much fewer documents are displayed for me than are available in grouped ..
> -> numFound.
>
> Is a trick maybe necessary to display the correct number of found documents
> in grouping mode and multi core search.

The "group.ngroups" parameter is the only thing I am aware of that is
related to getting correct counts back in grouping.

https://solr.apache.org/guide/6_6/result-grouping.html#ResultGrouping-RequestParameters

A warning, group.ngroups=true will make a grouping query a lot slower.

Can you elaborate on the EXACT problem you're seeing so we can determine
whether I am headed down the right path?

There is also the group.limit parameter, which depending on exactly what
you are seeing, could be what you need to add/change.

Thanks,
Shawn