Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.uzh.ch> on 2009/06/05 09:06:46 UTC

HowTo update website

Hi

I tried to correct some wrong links on the lenya website using the
authoring environment on the zones server:
https://lenya.zones.apache.org/cms/docu/authoring/

But I have some questions:
- I thougt that the whole roundtrip as described on
http://lenya.apache.org/docu/website-update.html
(Roundtrip Website Update) is not necessary any more. If it is not we
should update this site too.

- How can i change (external) links in the navigation? The Lenya Wiki
link on the community page is pointing to the apache wiki.

- BTW it seems that the whole website update procedure does not work.
  At least I did not found the "Bad Säckingen Meeting"  Banner on the
live site.

Jann

Re: HowTo update website

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Jann,

Jann Forrer schrieb:
> I tried to correct some wrong links on the lenya website using the
> authoring environment on the zones server:
> https://lenya.zones.apache.org/cms/docu/authoring/
>
> But I have some questions:
> - I thougt that the whole roundtrip as described on
> http://lenya.apache.org/docu/website-update.html
> (Roundtrip Website Update) is not necessary any more. If it is not we
> should update this site too.

the process described on the page is still necessary.

> - How can i change (external) links in the navigation? The Lenya Wiki
> link on the community page is pointing to the apache wiki.

That's a bit complex. You can change an external link in the navigation
via the "Navigation" meta data in the site area. The wiki page uses the
reference "ext:wiki" which is defined in the external references page:

https://lenya.zones.apache.org/cms/docu/authoring/externallinks.html

You can edit it this page to change the links. Sine a reference
"ext:lenya.wiki" already existed, I changed the meta data entry to this
reference.

> - BTW it seems that the whole website update procedure does not work.
>   At least I did not found the "Bad Säckingen Meeting"  Banner on the
> live site.

Did you follow all steps of the website update procedure? There are no
commit messages from the site repository …

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH