Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/11/26 17:31:13 UTC

RT: Issue Tracking and Gump

As I work through the Gump output I find problems that have been there for
weeks/longer. Sure, if we nagged again we'd have increased visibility of
problems & perhaps some action on those. However, I wonder if Gump would
benefit with integrating into an issue tracker. [I'm thinking Bugzilla, or
maybe Jira -- not that I really know what it is.]

If we generated an issue for a failure, to that projects tracking system,
then it would fit into the projects normal work methodology & perhaps
receive appropriate attention.

Let's not debate implementation at this point (it might be impossible to
conceive of a solution that wasn't just a repetitive noise generator) but
concept. Does this seem like a good future feature for Gump?

regards,

Adam
--
Experience Sybase Technology...
http://www.try.sybase.com

Re: RT: Issue Tracking and Gump

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>Let's not debate implementation at this point (it might be impossible to
>conceive of a solution that wasn't just a repetitive noise generator) but
>concept. Does this seem like a good future feature for Gump?

I would not have it be automatic.
However, if would provide a link on the gump results page that said
"submit this as a bug to JIRA/Bugzilla"  and prepobulates some fields
and includedd the complete build output etc that would be GREAT.

We do need a human to "press the button" .