Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Omar Atia <om...@its.ws> on 2012/04/02 20:39:44 UTC

Mule or Apache camel...

Dears ,

What is the difference between Apache camel and mule ! I have gone through integrations with apache camel but didn't have the chance to do some in mule , may you please advise if there is continuous development using mule like the open source we are seeing using apache camel.

Another question could we deploy mule on service mix ESB .

At the end which is best to integrate mule or apache camel?

Sent from my iPad

Re: Mule or Apache camel...

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Omar Atia <om...@its.ws> wrote:
> Dears ,
>
> What is the difference between Apache camel and mule ! I have gone through integrations with apache camel but didn't have the chance to do some in mule , may you please advise if there is continuous development using mule like the open source we are seeing using apache camel.

See the links from Ben

> Another question could we deploy mule on service mix ESB .

No not really. That would be like putting Tomcat inside Jetty, eg Mule
is an ESB that is intended to run as a server by itself.

> At the end which is best to integrate mule or apache camel?

There is not a single truth. You have to do your own evaluation and
pick whats best for you.

There is some blogs about comparison, such as
http://www.kai-waehner.de/blog/2012/01/10/spoilt-for-choice-which-integration-framework-to-use-spring-integration-mule-esb-or-apache-camel/

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Mule or Apache camel...

Posted by boday <be...@initekconsulting.com>.
these links might help...

http://camel.apache.org/how-does-camel-compare-to-mule.html
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3792519/apache-camel-and-other-esb-products
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6682709/can-i-use-mule-apache-camel-servicemix-or-another-esb-for-my-problem

atiato wrote

> Dears ,
>
> What is the difference between Apache camel and mule ! I have gone through
> integrations with apache camel but didn't have the chance to do some in
> mule , may you please advise if there is continuous development using mule
> like the open source we are seeing using apache camel.
>
> Another question could we deploy mule on service mix ESB .
>
> At the end which is best to integrate mule or apache camel?
>
> Sent from my iPad

-----
Ben O'Day
IT Consultant -http://consulting-notes.com