Posted to announce@perl.apache.org by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@valueclick.com> on 2001/02/27 09:35:16 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] new mod_proxy_add_forward.c

My amusingly simple and amazingly useful (if I may say so) Apache
module just got an incredible small update. :-)

If you didn't know it's used in a mod_proxy/mod_perl combo setup as
described at http://perl.apache.org/guide/scenario.html#mod_proxy

Before it just forwarded the original IP from the mod_proxy
processes and if you wanted to use VirtualHosts you had to do funny
tricks on the backend. Not anymore, or rather: You can do different
funny tricks.

mod_proxy_add_forward.c now forwards the original Host: header and
$r->server_name from the mod_proxy process in the X-Host and
X-Server-Name headers.

  http://develooper.com/code/mpaf/

Of course, the code might not work at all. In that case please send
me a mail (preferably with a patch :-) )

   - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://ask.netcetera.dk/>
more than 70M impressions per day, <http://valueclick.com>

A query regarding the common Parser

Posted by Rajesh Mathachan <ma...@qlcomm.com>.
Hi all ,

I need to parse different url's to get the details of the medical sites and
put it into my database and generate
the newsite , I am using perl for getting the pages and parsing the data in
all the pages and this seems to be semi manual kinda
stuff, i need to see the page and then write the parser can anybody suggests
any better way
thanks and regards
Rajesh Mathachan

QuantumLink Communications, Bombay, India