Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com> on 2006/01/23 03:38:50 UTC

[vfs] Double slash in ftp url

We are attempting to use some of vfs for uniform access to our servers.
  Some of our FTP servers are VMS based and in certain situations need
to have an extra / passed with the directory to indicate that there is a
device present in the path:

ftp://somevms.host.com/%2fsys$common/lib/text.file

VFS seems to be aggressively removing any leading slashes in these cases
and I can't seem to see a clear way to get this to work.  Is there a way
to configure the extra slash to remain in the url so

//sys$common/lib is used for the path in our ftp url's?

Re: [vfs] Double slash in ftp url

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Jeffrey!
> VFS seems to be aggressively removing any leading slashes in these
> cases and I can't seem to see a clear way to get this to work.  Is
> there a way to configure the extra slash to remain in the url so
>
> //sys$common/lib is used for the path in our ftp url's?
Yes, it behaves like Javas java.io.File
System.err.println(new File("//path/to/device"));
will result in
/path/to/device

Unhappily I see no way to archive this without hacking the VFS core.
But now that I know that this requirement exists I'll think about it.

Ciao,
Mario