Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Sudip Shekhawat <ss...@iwtqmj.pfnsupply.us> on 2005/03/18 00:17:13 UTC

UnsupportedDataTypeException

Hi,

I have been recently facing this problem while using James with my
custom mailet. It occurs only when I initiate a mail using the web
version of Exchange (Outlook with Mozilla) and with an attachment and
nothing in the body of the email.

This problem does not occur if I use IE (we all know that exchange is
suppose to work great with IE). Obviously since IE formats the content
type as "multipart/mixed".

While using Mozilla to generate the email, I looked at the message
content type, and it says "application/x-pdf;"

Therefore I understand that the email is not formed properly by
Exchange.
Can anyone of you throw some lights on this?

javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception spooling message: Exception
caught while storing Message Container:
javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME
type application/x-pdf;
        name="ADSL2_wp.pdf";
  nested exception is:
        class javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception caught while
storing Message Container:
javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME
type application/x-pdf;
        name="ADSL2_wp.pdf"
        at org.apache.james.James.sendMail(James.java:467)
        at org.apache.james.James.sendMail(James.java:424)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandler.
invoke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:92)
        at $Proxy9.sendMail(Unknown Source)

Thank you,
Sudip