Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Eran Kutner <er...@gigya.com> on 2013/04/30 23:16:02 UTC

NPE with flume 1.3.0

Hi,
I'm getting NPEs when writing to the legacy thrift sink of flume 1.3.0 from
CDH4.2.1
Here's an example error:
30 Apr 2013 16:41:40,218 ERROR [pool-7-thread-4]
(org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run:182)  - Error
occurred during processing of message.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessFunction.java:34)
        at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:34)
        at
org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:176)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

The same configuration and input is working fine on other servers with
flume 1.2.0 from CDH4.1.2

Any idea what can be causing this issue?

Thanks.

-eran

Re: NPE with flume 1.3.0

Posted by Eran Kutner <er...@gigya.com>.
hmmm..
I'll try replacing the libthrift with an older/newer version and see if
that works, all my server application are writing events in the flume OG
format.

Thanks Hari.

-eran

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:44 AM, Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@cloudera.com