Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Werner van Mook <we...@connecties.com> on 2003/06/10 17:19:53 UTC

What am I missing

Hi All,

I have the following :

one jsp file  in a directory called 'klanten' containing the next line :

	<form action="http://localhost:8080/Friss/klanten/Login" method="post"
name="login">

I have the following servlet containing :

	package klanten;

          ... (several imports)

	public class Login extends HttpServlet {

I have a web.xml containing :

	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>Login</servlet-name>
		<description>
			Deze servlet checked het opgegeven naam en password.
			Indien correct dan wordt het NawBean in de sessie geplaatst.
		</description>
		<servlet-class>klanten.Login</servlet-class>
	 </servlet>

	 <servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>Login</servlet-name>
		 <url-pattern>/klanten/Login</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

The servlet class file is stored in
webapps/appname/WEB-INF/classes/klanten/

If I press the ok button in the form of the afore mentioned form I get
the following error message :

	The requested resource (/Friss/Klanten/Login) is not available.

I did stop tomcat, build the whole thing with an ant script, checked to
see if the Login class file was in the klanten directory and then
restarted tomcat.

I use Tomcat 4.1.24.

Can somebody explain to me what stupid thing I'm forgetting?

Kind regards
Werner van Mook

Re: What am I missing

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Hi -

/Friss/klanten/Login != <url-pattern>/klanten/Login</url-pattern>

...though I'm no expert at servlet development/deployment.

John