Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Sandor Molnar <sm...@cloudera.com> on 2022/01/13 10:46:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] - Upgrading Log4j to 2.17.1 on Knox 1.6 line

Hi folks,

with our recent v1.6.1 release (an announcement is about to be sent out) we
are on 2.16.0 to mitigate the infamous  CVE-2021-44228
<https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2021-44228> security vulnerability.
However, there were subsequent security issues found and those
problems were addressed in later versions. For more information please read
Log4J's security vulnerability page:
https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/security.html

I'm proposing to kick off a new 1.6.2 release that includes the fix for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KNOX-2702.

Any objection?

Cheers,
Sandor

Re: [DISCUSS] - Upgrading Log4j to 2.17.1 on Knox 1.6 line

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
s/dependent/vulnerable/

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
s/dependent/vulnerable/