Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Renzo Tomaselli <re...@tecnotp.it> on 2008/03/17 13:27:12 UTC

[Trinidad] meaning of selection for tr:tree

Hi, I wonder about the meaning of "selection" in case of tr:tree.
Whatever I do on tree nodes - the bound component always reports an
empty set through getSelectedRowKeys(), as well as the selectionListener
is never called upon a node action.
What is selection presumed to do ?
Is there any way to detect a selected node upon any action, without the
selection itself going through a full request cycle ?
Thanks -- Renzo

Re: Re: Antwort: Re: [Trinidad] Basic Trinidad 1.2.7 incompatibility with Seam!

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Well crap, I don't see any problems here.

My main difference, which I don't think is important is I registered
the filters like this:

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>Seam Filter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
    <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
    <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
  </filter-mapping>

The one thing that is interesting is that you are trying to use a Seam
managed bean from a Trinidad resource. I have never done that. Seam is
pretty picky about its environment, so I have a feeling it does not
like the environment that Trinidad is setting up to serve resources
from. I can't say much more without debugging through you code, so you
will probably need to. Make sure you debug through the Seam code and
try to determine the difference from a JSF request to a Trinidad
resource request.

-Andrew

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:56 AM,  <wo...@pta.de> wrote:

> [...]
>                 <url-pattern>*.seam</url-pattern>
>         </servlet-mapping>
>
>         <!-- Trinidad -->
>         <context-param>
>                 <param-name>
>                         org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.ALTERNATE_VIEW_HANDLER
>                 </param-name>
>
> <param-value>com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler</param-value>
>         </context-param>
>
>         <context-param>
>                 <param-name>
>
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.ENABLE_LIGHTWEIGHT_DIALOGS
>                 </param-name>
>                 <param-value>true</param-value>
>         </context-param>
>
>         <!--  switch to false for better performance -->
>         <context-param>
>                 <param-name>
>
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.DISABLE_CONTENT_COMPRESSION
>                 </param-name>
>                 <param-value>true</param-value>
>         </context-param>
>
>         <context-param>
>                 <param-name>
>                         org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CACHE_VIEW_ROOT
>                 </param-name>
>                 <param-value>false</param-value>
>         </context-param>
>
>         <filter>
>                 <filter-name>HttpSessionTimeoutFilter</filter-name>
>                 <filter-class>
>                         de.pta.servlet.HttpSessionTimeoutFilter
>                 </filter-class>
>         </filter>
>
>         <filter-mapping>
>                 <filter-name>HttpSessionTimeoutFilter</filter-name>
>                 <url-pattern>*.seam</url-pattern>
>         </filter-mapping>
>
>         <filter>
>                 <filter-name>trinidad</filter-name>
>                 <filter-class>
>                         org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter
>                 </filter-class>
>         </filter>
>
>         <filter-mapping>
>                 <filter-name>trinidad</filter-name>
>                 <url-pattern>*.seam</url-pattern>
>         </filter-mapping>
>
>         <filter>
>                 <filter-name>Seam Filter</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter</filter-class>
>         </filter>
>
>         <filter-mapping>
>                 <filter-name>Seam Filter</filter-name>
>                 <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>         </filter-mapping>
>
>         <servlet>
>                 <servlet-name>Trinidad Resources</servlet-name>
>                 <servlet-class>
>                         org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.ResourceServlet
>                 </servlet-class>
>         </servlet>
>
>         <servlet-mapping>
>                 <servlet-name>Trinidad Resources</servlet-name>
>                 <url-pattern>/adf/*</url-pattern>
>         </servlet-mapping>
>
>         <session-config>
>                 <session-timeout>20</session-timeout>
>         </session-config>
>
>         <security-constraint>
>                 <display-name>Restrict raw XHTML Documents</display-name>
>                 <web-resource-collection>
>                         <web-resource-name>XHTML</web-resource-name>

Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: [Trinidad] Basic Trinidad 1.2.7 incompatibility with Seam!

Posted by wo...@pta.de.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
"No application context active"

That is a Seam configuration problem, not Trinidad. The seam
application context is created and maintained by Seam. It may be
relying on the JSF application context though. My gut tells me this is
a Seam issue and not related to Trinidad.

Check your web.xml and faces-config.xml and make sure all your seam
filters are setup correctly, JSF is registered correctly and all the
filters are in the correct order. If you are still stuck, debug into
the Seam Manager.java and Contexts.java classes as they manage the
contexts.

If you need more help, post your web.xml and faces-config.xml so I can
check your config. I was running trinidad 1.2.7 w/ facelets 1.1.14 and
Seam 2.0.1.GA without any of these problems.

-Andrew

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks wolfgang.

> [...]

Thema
Re: [Trinidad] Basic Trinidad 1.2.7 incompatibility with Seam!

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:44 AM,  <wo...@pta.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> here's an ugly issue that occurs with tr:inputText components in
Trinidad
> 1.2.7.
>
> I cannot say anything regarding 1.2.6 because we tried to upgrade from
1.2.5
> to 1.2.7.

1.2.6 had issues with Facelets, therefore you don't wanna try that version
;-)

It would be good if there were a simple project that doesn't have much
"content",
at least to reproduce this issue.

-M

> In 1.2.5 and below the problem does not occur.

value="#{identity.gst}" />

> works.
>
> However, if you use

value="#{identity.gst}"

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Antwort: Re: [Trinidad] Basic Trinidad 1.2.7 incompatibility with Seam!

Posted by wo...@pta.de.
Hi all,

Thanks for the hints!  I will look into it further and try out your
suggestions.

Happy Easter,
Wolfgang.

Stephen Friedrich <tr...@eekboom.com>
19.03.2008 21:58
Bitte antworten an
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

An
MyFaces Discussion <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: [Trinidad] Basic Trinidad 1.2.7 incompatibility with Seam!

I also noticed the same exception after upgrading from Trinidad 1.0.3 with
Seam 1.2.1
to Trinidad 1.2.7 with Seam 2.0.1.GA.
Only in my case the exception seems not to have any negative impact - it
just
appeared in the logs.

It seems that Seam wants to lazily initialize some resource and needs to
have its
contexts set up for that. However that lazy initialization is triggered by
Trinidad's ResourceServlet which is not integrated into the Seam
lifecycle.

Here's a solution that worked for me:
Like described in the Seam reference "25.1.4. Seam servlet filters" in
paragraph
"Context management for custom servlets" make Seam process Trinidad's
ResourceServlet
like this:
     <web:context-filter url-pattern="/adf/*"/>
(added to your components.xml)

If you have multiple servlets that you need to integrate it should be
possible to use
     <web:context-filter regex-url-pattern="<some-regular-expression>"/>
but I haven't tried that.

Hope this helps.

wolfgang.toepfer@pta.de wrote:

> [...]

>         at

org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.resource.ResourceLoader.getResource(_ResourceLoader.java:67_)

>         at

org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.resource.CachingResourceLoader.findResource(_CachingResourceLoader.java:76_)

>         at

org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.resource.ResourceLoader.getResource(_ResourceLoader.java:67_)

>         at

org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.ResourceServlet.getLastModified(_ResourceServlet.java:241_)

>         at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(_HttpServlet.java:686_)
>         at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(_HttpServlet.java:803_)
>         at

org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.ResourceServlet.service(_ResourceServlet.java:162_)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(_ApplicationFilterChain.java:290_)

Posted by Stephen Friedrich <tr...@eekboom.com>.

)

Re: [Trinidad] meaning of selection for tr:tree

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hello renzo,

within your bean you can use e.g.:
private RowKeySet selection; //+getter and setter

to provide a default selection - e.g.:
selection = new RowKeySetTreeImpl(); //+ specify your selection

to display the (changed) selection of the user:
selection.clear();
selection.add();

@selectionListener:
see [1]

regards,
gerhard

[1]
http://www.nabble.com/-Trinidad--signature-of-method-for-selectionListener-on-a-tree-to14950886.html#a14950886

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

RE: [Trinidad] selectOneChoice in editable table

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi again,

I forgot to note, that I'm using Trinidad 1.2.7 (released version) and JSF
RI. But it did not work with Trinidad 1.2.6 either.

--
Kind regards,
Mathias

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

could anybody reproduce the problem or can give me a hint, what I'm doing
wrong?

Or is the minimalistic example to large?

--
Kind regards,
Mathias