Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mieke Banderas <mi...@gamebox.net> on 2005/02/28 10:25:08 UTC

Problems loading external stylesheet in Tomcat

Anyone seen that the first hit of the day on a Tomcat website, doesn't
load the external stylesheets? Reloading the page loads the stylesheets
also. Can I enforce external stylesheets must be sent with the page
somehow? I only seen this is in Safari so far, but it looks like a server
problem, I'll put a log on there to see if it's true, but if you
recognize this problem, please share your experience.

Re: Problems loading external stylesheet in Tomcat

Posted by Mieke Banderas <mi...@gamebox.net>.
haim said:

>I had something similar and it was because I placed the link element
>outside of the head element in my a JSP file that was included as an header.
>Check it out , haim .

Thanks for the suggestion, but no, I don't have any errors of that type.

One of my sites use this linking technique:
<!--
@import "style/style.css";
-->

But, neither that nor the other way: 	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/
css" href="style.css" title="Stilmallar" rev="stylesheet"> (with or
without an ending "/")
work the very first load of the day (or something like that). After that
firslt load it will work on in any browser on any machine. The only thing
that got me wanting to solve it was that if one site didn't display the
stylesheets, then no other site did the same. I have a feeling this is
some kind of cache problem, but I have tried to delete the cache. I'll
report back if I find out what is causing the trouble, but it's hard to
determine as it appears randomly.

Re: Problems loading external stylesheet in Tomcat

Posted by haim <ha...@012.net.il>.