Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/24 18:11:26 UTC

SQL Tag JNDI Connection Problem

I'm having the same problem as described in this
thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg03881.html

There's no resolution at the end.  Does anyone know
the answer?

I'm using a Microsoft Access database and the
JDBC:ODBC bridge driver - it's temporary for
development only, until an Oracle instance becomes
available for production.  I've asked for a
javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource in my web.xml,
and I've got a context.xml that sets up the database.
I know the JDBC works, because I can run a stand-alone
app that queries without a problem.

What am I doing wrong with Tomcat? - MOD

RE: SQL Tag JNDI Connection Problem

Posted by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com>.
I agree, but in this case the driver is
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver, located in the JDK
rt.jar.  I believe that's already in the container
CLASSPATH, even though I haven't moved it to
common/lib.  I don't think Tomcat would run at all
without that.  No?

--- Francisco Mesa Villlalba