Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Carsten Karkola <ck...@mms-dresden.de> on 2006/07/10 14:17:02 UTC

Change config of plugin outside of pom.xml

Hallo,

what is the best way to change a plugin config outside of the POM, so
developers can add some properties without the need to checkout/change
the pom of the project.

So I have a plugin with a config like
<plugin>
   <groupId>foo</groupId>
   <artifactId>myplugin</artifactId>
   <configuration>
      <jvargs>
        <jvarg>-Xms512m</jvarg>
      </jvargs>
   </configuration>
</plugin>
and a developer likes to add an additional
    <jvarg>-Xdebug</jvarg>

Under
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html
I found this sentence, but I don't understand it:

----
The properties section allows you to specify free-form key-value pairs which
will be included in the interpolation process for the POM. This allows you to
specify a plugin configuration in the form of ${profile.provided.path}.
----

Does it mean I can add some property to my settings.xml like
 <build.plugin.foo.configuration.jvargs.jvarg>-Xdebug</...> ?!

Regards, carsten

Re: Change config of plugin outside of pom.xml

Posted by Rinku <ra...@gmail.com>.
You can also use external 'profiles.xml' and add your own set of
profiles and add plugin config in it and activate them using:

mvn  <goal-name>  -P <profile-name>

Cheers,
Rahul