Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thom Park <Th...@borland.com> on 2005/06/23 05:51:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Changing the default thread stack size on NON-Novel MPMsl?

Hi All,

I need to have some control over the stack size associated with \
pthread_thread_create()-ed threads. Does anyone know if there is a
config parameter to govern the stack size associated with the threads
created within the apache server.

As far as I can tell, the ThreadStackSize directive only applies to the
Novel apache implementation, unfortunately I'm using the mpm worker
implementation.

Thanks,

Thom

Re: [users@httpd] Changing the default thread stack size on NON-Novel MPMsl?

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 6/22/05, Thom Park <Th...@borland.com> wrote:
> I need to have some control over the stack size associated with \
> pthread_thread_create()-ed threads. Does anyone know if there is a config
> parameter to govern the stack size associated with the threads created
> within the apache server.
>
> As far as I can tell, the ThreadStackSize directive only applies to the
> Novel apache implementation, unfortunately I'm using the mpm worker
> implementation.

In 2.1 (the development version) this directive is available for all
the threaded mpms.  If you don't mind being on the bleeding-edge, you
can give that a try.

Otherwise, here are the patches to add it:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=102931&view=rev
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=102975&view=rev
but I don't know if it will apply cleanly to 2.0.

Joshua.