Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Michael Franz <MF...@FFTW.COM> on 2008/06/10 22:29:00 UTC

lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy and consumer.retroactive

Hi,

I am using ActiveMQ 5.1.0 with the default configuration (pretty much) this
defaults to having lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy for FOO.* (changed to
MarketData.*).  When I subscribe to a specific topic using
consumer.retroactive=true for my topic I am receiving more than the last
message published.  Is there something else I need to do to get only the
last message for that topic?

I am testing with a recent version of Apache.NMS and using the ActiveMQ
4.1.1 for the clients.

Thanks

Michael

http://www.nabble.com/file/p17763994/activemq.xml activemq.xml

Posted by Michael Franz <MF...@FFTW.COM>.

Michael Franz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using ActiveMQ 5.1.0 with the default configuration (pretty much)
> this defaults to having lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy for FOO.*
> (changed to MarketData.*).  When I subscribe to a specific topic using
> consumer.retroactive=true for my topic I am receiving more than the last
> message published.  Is there something else I need to do to get only the
> last message for that topic?
>
> I am testing with a recent version of Apache.NMS and using the ActiveMQ
> 4.1.1 for the clients.
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
>  http://www.nabble.com/file/p17763994/activemq.xml activemq.xml

Apparently there is a big difference between FOO.* and FOO.>

Changing to FOO.> solved my issues.