Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Matthew Castrigno <ca...@slhs.org> on 2022/10/24 21:48:33 UTC

I cannot get nested objects to index - with image links

Hello Community, Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

I am attempting to index (update) a document with a nested object.

In reading the documentation is seems to state that the fields of the nested object do not need to be and should not be added

to schema.xml.  I am getting error that the field of the nested object is undefined, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any insights appreciated. Thank you

https://i.postimg.cc/25GtB1Mc/update.png

https://i.postimg.cc/SKk5s6TY/schema.png

"This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by error, please notify us immediately and destroy the related message."

Re: I cannot get nested objects to index - with image links

Posted by Dave <ha...@gmail.com>.
Well honestly it’s more or less implied that if a field is declared required, it’s required in all documents, parent or children.  Perhaps an inherit field would have been applicable if such exists(I don’t think so) and it’s documented quite clearly here:

https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/indexing-guide/field-type-definitions-and-properties.html

Child documents aren’t like a sub data structure inside of the parent, they are still their own document and must abide by the rules in the schema.

It’s also documented as such here:

https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_0/indexing-nested-documents.html

“it may be infeasible to use required”

Posted by Matthew Castrigno <ca...@slhs.org>.
This mail server chopped off my cur request so I am posting it here with the domain marked out so it just looks like text:
curl --location --request POST ' xxxx:8983/solr/talix/update?json.command=false' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data-raw '{
  "partner": "88027688-62c4-459a-b4d5-a8ecf9edd1bf",
  "command": "add",
  "doc_id": "2ff99d1a-a21b-4391-9c47-af2865acb753",
  "content": {
    "Page": {
      "Id": "2ff99d1a-a21b-4391-9c47-af2865acb753",
      "Name": "Ronald McDonald House Idaho meals",
      "Url": "/blogs/st-lukes/news-and-community/2021/jan/ronald-mcdonald-house-idaho-meals",
      "Date": "2022-10-03T12:30:17.3388537",
      "ContentType": "Blog",
      "Body": {
        "Fields": [
          { "Name": "Heading Background Image", "Type": "Image", "Value": "" },
          { "Name": "Tile Wide Image", "Type": "Image", "Value": "" },
          { "Name": "Specialties", "Type": "Treelist", "Value": "" },
          {
            "Name": "Blog Post Name",
            "Type": "Single-Line Text",
            "Value": "Ronald McDonald House, St. Luke’s Children’s find new ways to help families"
          },
          { "Name": "Blog Summary", "Type": "Rich Text", "Value": "" },
          { "Name": "Share Summary", "Type": "Multi-Line Text", "Value": "" }
        ],
        "Modules": {
          "Fields": [
            { "Name": "Content", "Type": "Rich Text", "Value": "" },
            { "Name": "Image Position", "Type": "Droptree", "Value": "Right" },
            { "Name": "Image Source", "Type": "Image", "Value": "" },
            {
              "Name": "Image Content",
              "Type": "Rich Text",
              "Value": "<p>For more than three decades</p>"
            }
          ]
        }
      },
      "Facets": ["Blogs", "Article"],
      "Title": "Ronald McDonald House, St. Luke’s Children’s find new ways to help families",
      "Summary": ""
    }
  }
}'
________________________________
Posted by Thomas Corthals <th...@klascement.net>.
Hi Matthew,

The ref guide has an explanation of the different options for sending
documents as JSON.

https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/indexing-guide/indexing-with-update-handlers.html#json-formatted-index-updates

My personal preference is to stick with the /update handler path and
Solr-Style JSON update commands. (Maybe that's because they're a mapping of
the XML update commands that I was already familiar with.) It's a bit more
verbose to include {"add":{"doc":{...}} but I find it avoids confusion.

Does your schema have a <uniqueKey>...</uniqueKey> field defined and is
that field required="true"? I've never tried nested documents without this.

Thomas

Posted by Thomas Corthals <th...@klascement.net>.
Hi Matthew

Posted by Thomas Corthals <th...@klascement.net>.