Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Venkateswara Rao Dokku <dv...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/27 08:56:32 UTC

Hbase clustering

Hi,
    I am completely new to Hbase. I want to cluster the Hbase on two
nodes.I installed hadoop,hbase on the two nodes & my conf files are as
given below.
*cat  conf/regionservers *
hbase-regionserver1
hbase-master
*cat conf/masters *
hadoop-namenode
* cat conf/slaves *
hadoop-datanode1
*vim conf/hdfs-site.xml *
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>
<property>
        <name>dfs.replication</name>
        <value>2</value>
        <description>Default block replication.The actual number of
replications can be specified when the file is created. The default is used
if replication is not specified in create time.
        </description>
</property>
<property>
        <name>dfs.support.append</name>
        <value>true</value>
        <description>Default block replication.The actual number of
replications can be specified when the file is created. The default is used
if replication is not specified in create time.
        </description>
</property>
</configuration>
*& finally my /etc/hosts file is *
127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.0.1       oc-PowerEdge-R610
10.2.32.48  hbase-master hadoop-namenode
10.240.13.35 hbase-regionserver1  hadoop-datanode1
 The above files are identical on both of the machines. The following are
the processes that are running on my m/c's when I ran start scripts in
hadoop as well as hbase
*hadoop-namenode:*
HQuorumPeer
HMaster
Main
HRegionServer
SecondaryNameNode
Jps
NameNode
JobTracker
*hadoop-datanode1:*

TaskTracker
Jps
DataNode
-- process information unavailable
Main
NC
HRegionServer

I can able to create,list & scan tables on the *hadoop-namenode* machine
using Hbase shell. But while trying to run the same on the  *
hadoop-datanode1 *machine I couldn't able to do it as I am getting
following error.
hbase(main):001:0> list
TABLE

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7 times

Here is some help for this command:
List all tables in hbase. Optional regular expression parameter could
be used to filter the output. Examples:

  hbase> list
  hbase> list 'abc.*'
How can I list,scan the tables that are created by the *hadoop-namenode *
from the *hadoop-datanode1* machine. Similarly Can I create some tables on
*hadoop-datanode1 *& can I access them from the *hadoop-namenode * &
vice-versa as the data is distributed as this is a cluster.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Venkateswara Rao Dokku,

Re: Hbase clustering

Posted by Venkateswara Rao Dokku <dv...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku <dvrao.584@gmail.com

Re: Hbase clustering

Posted by Venkateswara Rao Dokku <dv...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I can see the region server running. The output of the jps command is
given below
*Hadoop-namenode:*
* *HQuorumPeer
 Main
 HMaster
 HRegionServer
 SecondaryNameNode
 Jps
 NameNode
 JobTracker
hadoop-datanode1:
TaskTracker
DataNode
 Jps
 Main
NC
HRegionServer

The complete error is given below.
hbase(main):003:0> scan 't1'
ROW                                COLUMN+CELL

12/09/27 17:54:42 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 17:55:44 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 17:56:46 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 17:57:48 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 17:58:52 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 17:59:55 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:01:00 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:02:01 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:03:03 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:04:05 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:05:07 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:06:10 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:07:13 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:08:19 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020

ERROR: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Call to
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020failed on socket timeout exception:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: 60000
millis timeout while waiting for channel to be ready for read. ch :
java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected
local=/127.0.0.1:33970remote=localhost/
127.0.0.1:60020]

Here is some help for this command:
Scan a table; pass table name and optionally a dictionary of scanner
specifications.  Scanner specifications may include one or more of:
TIMERANGE, FILTER, LIMIT, STARTROW, STOPROW, TIMESTAMP, MAXLENGTH,
or COLUMNS.

If no columns are specified, all columns will be scanned.
To scan all members of a column family, leave the qualifier empty as in
'col_family:'.

The filter can be specified in two ways:
1. Using a filterString - more information on this is available in the
Filter Language document attached to the HBASE-4176 JIRA
2. Using the entire package name of the filter.

Some examples:

  hbase> scan '.META.'
  hbase> scan '.META.', {COLUMNS => 'info:regioninfo'}
  hbase> scan 't1', {COLUMNS => ['c1', 'c2'], LIMIT => 10, STARTROW =>
'xyz'}
  hbase> scan 't1', {COLUMNS => 'c1', TIMERANGE => [1303668804, 1303668904]}
  hbase> scan 't1', {FILTER => "(PrefixFilter ('row2') AND (QualifierFilter
(>=, 'binary:xyz'))) AND (TimestampsFilter ( 123, 456))"}
  hbase> scan 't1', {FILTER =>
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.ColumnPaginationFilter.new(1, 0)}

For experts, there is an additional option -- CACHE_BLOCKS -- which
switches block caching for the scanner on (true) or off (false).  By
default it is enabled.  Examples:

  hbase> scan 't1', {COLUMNS => ['c1', 'c2'], CACHE_BLOCKS => false}

Re: Hbase clustering

Posted by Stas Maksimov <ma...@gmail.com>.
Rao,

Re: Hbase clustering