Posted to user@struts.apache.org by COMPAGNON GUILLAUME <gu...@cdn.fr> on 2003/03/17 17:36:52 UTC

How to workaround with the java.net.UnknownHostException: jakarta .apache.org exception (was RE: error deploying struts-example on tomcat 4 .1.18)

There is a bug into the commons-validator bundled with Struts 1.1 RC1:
the disgester instancied by the ValidatorResourcesInitializer uses the local
DTD located into /org/apache/commons/resources instead of
/org/apache/commons/validator/resources... so as the digester doesn't find
the DTD, it makes a lookup over the web. (you should not have your server
accessing the web)

2 solutions:
the first dirty but direct ...
put the validator_1_0.dtd into your classpath into the directory
/org/apache/commons/resources

or
the second, cleaner
get the last commons-validator build. the bug is corrected

regards
Guillaume Compagnon

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite.Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration.
Le CREDIT DU NORD et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
This message and any attachments ( the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited.E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither CREDIT DU NORD nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.

Re: How to workaround with the java.net.UnknownHostException: jakarta .apache.org exception (was RE: error deploying struts-example on tomcat 4 .1.18)

Posted by Enrico Donelli <e....@logicom.it>.

>or
>the second, cleaner
>get the last commons-validator build. the bug is corrected

thanks a lot, this worked!

Best regards
Enrico