Posted to dev@mrunit.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2011/05/09 15:07:06 UTC

checking out and compiling

Hi

I checked out trunk and tried to build mrunit, but got told off that
there was no contrib build.xml around

I know I could probably play with symlinks and properties to fix this,
but would recommend moving the file into mrunit/trunk, so that you get
control over its changes.

-steve

Re: checking out and compiling

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
On 09/05/11 22:57, Aaron Kimball wrote:
> Steve,
>
> We're actually hopefully moving to mvn

I'm sorry :(

Re: checking out and compiling

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
On 11/05/2011 19:38, Aaron Kimball wrote:
> Indeed, in theory :)

I just d/l'd the whole 0.21 release, which includes the JAR file. Easier
than getting things to build

Re: checking out and compiling

Posted by Aaron Kimball <ak...@gmail.com>.
Indeed, in theory :)
- A

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aaron Kimball <ak...@gmail.com>.
Steve,

The existing code in our repo was taken directly from trunk. But we're
waiting on a build system conversion...

If you want something that works on the 20 branch, you're honestly best off
grabbing a Hadoop tarball from Cloudera (http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/)
-- that contains a backported version of MRUnit. But we felt like we should
start from the "canonical" mrunit @ apache for this repo...

- Aaron

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aaron Kimball <ak...@gmail.com>.
I think the first version we ship should target Hadoop 0.20. If you
reverse-apply the relevant sections of MR-954, that should deal with the
worst of the build incompatibilities I think.

- A

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.

--
Eric Sammer