Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mattias Brändström <br...@ludd.luth.se> on 2002/05/03 00:25:46 UTC

mod_webapp, WebAppDeloy, Context

Hi!

I have some questions regarding mod_webapp.

What is the relationsip between WabAppDeploy (in my httpd.conf) and
Conext (in server.xml)? They seem to hold similar information. If I have
something like:

<VirtualHost *>
     ServerName www.matlaget.org
     DocumentRoot /var/www/matlaget
     WebAppDeploy  matjsp   conn  /matjsp
</VirtualHost>

in my httpd.conf, does that mean that i have to have something similar:

<Context path="/matjsp" docBase="matjsp"/>

in my server.xml file?

If I can have something else in the Context-element what would that
mean? In my current setup I don't have any corresponding Context-element
to the WebAppDeploy-statement and it works fine. That means I get tomcat
to serve jsp to me on URLs on the form http://www.matlaget.org/matjsp/*.jsp.

Am I making any sense? What is the correct way to do this?

Regards,
Mattias

Re: mod_webapp, WebAppDeloy, Context

Posted by Joseph Molnar <jo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Mattais. You will find information that discusses this in an article I
put together:

http://www.codesta.com/knowledge/technical/tomcat_warp_apache/

Joe