Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org> on 2004/11/09 15:27:19 UTC

forrest.xml doesn't validate

Hi gang,

./validate says today:

  ======== Processing Local Projects ============
./tmp/./project/forrest.xml:33: element project: validity error : No
declaration for attribute basedir of element project
   <project name="forrest" basedir="main">
                                         ^
./tmp/./project/forrest.xml:62: element project: validity error : No
declaration for attribute basedir of element project
   <project name="forrest-forrestbar" basedir="tools/forrestbar">
                                                                ^
./tmp/./project/forrest.xml:73: element project: validity error : No
declaration for attribute basedir of element project
   <project name="forrest-whiteboard-forrestdoc"
basedir="whiteboard/forrestdoc">

         ^
./tmp/./project/forrest.xml:89: element project: validity error : No
declaration for attribute basedir of element project
ct name="forrest-whiteboard-forrestdoc-autotest"
basedir="whiteboard/forrestdoc"

         ^

---
Now, I have no real idea what validate is or how it works, but this is
probably a bad thing...

cheers,

- Leo

Re: forrest.xml doesn't validate

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> On 10 Nov 2004, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>>Would someone please help us to sort out the mess.
>> Stefano made the DTD more strict - and stricter than our docs of
>> the metadata object model says.  basedir is allowed as an attribute
>> of <project> according to our docs, but the DTD won't allow it.
>
> yes, I wanted to be a little strict to create some coherence in the
> model,

I know, and I absolutely agree with the intention.

> but you can fix the DTD if you think it's appropriate.

I'm not quite sure.  I think we allowed basedir and target on the
project element so you can override it in the workspace.  If so, they
should only be valid inside of the workspace defintion, not a module
descriptor.

It's easy to fix the DTD and the docs, if we agree this interpretation
is correct.

Stefan

Re: forrest.xml doesn't validate

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 10 Nov 2004, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>Would someone please help us to sort out the mess.
>

> Stefano made the DTD more strict - and stricter than our docs of the
> metadata object model says.  basedir is allowed as an attribute of
> <project> according to our docs, but the DTD won't allow it.

yes, I wanted to be a little strict to create some coherence in the
model, but you can fix the DTD if you think it's appropriate.

--
Stefano.

Re: forrest.xml doesn't validate

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 11:36, David Crossley wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
> > Hi gang,
> >
> > ./validate says today:
>
> This did used to validate recently. I see from the
> commit history that various people have since been
> making changes but not using the 'validate' script.
>
> I just moved the "basedir" attribute from the "project"
> elements to the "ant" elements. Not sure if that is correct.
>
> Would someone please help us to sort out the mess.

It seems that we now have a successful build of Forrest
after making that change above and another actual code
change where we were using a deprecated part of Cocoon.

--
David Crossley

Re: forrest.xml doesn't validate

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> ./validate says today:

This did used to validate recently. I see from the
commit history that various people have since been
making changes but not using the 'validate' script.

I just moved the "basedir" attribute from the "project"
elements to the "ant" elements. Not sure if that is correct.

Would someone please help us to sort out the mess.

--David