Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Argo Vilberg <wi...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/07 18:42:24 UTC

T5 http - https redirect hang on IE6

hi,

I have situation.
User authentication is over https and client authentication(estonian ID-Card
www.id.ee).

So authentication is occord after i use https protocol.

1 page Start page is http

2 page Login page is https(here are ID authentication)
After succesfull autentication i tried in onActivation and also
PageEndRender(and so on methods) to redirect to another page(roleChooser)
But this is working in firefox  and ie7, but not in ie6.

3 page are rolechooser page https.

Logical request process was:

Start.page(http) -> Login.page(HTTPS)-> onActivate(redirect to
rolechooser(https)

If use only http protocol, everthing works fine.
If use only https protocol, everthing works fine.
(start.page https- login.page https- rolechooser.page https)

Any ideas?

Argo

After

Re: T5 http - https redirect hang on IE6

Posted by Argo Vilberg <wi...@gmail.com>.
hi,

My solution is that i write login and rolechooser page together.

Problem is that if i use Login.page as redirection page then in ie6
redirection hangs.

But if i user Login page same as to do ssh+IDcard authentication and show
after that roles. Then all works fine.

Also i find new bug, if  i log out and https protocol page redirect to https
page, then ie6 do not understand
thant http port is 8080, but not 8443.
I made direct URL http://localhost:8080/myapp to sendRedirect method.
But in IE6, 8080 are changed strangly to 8443
IE7 and Firefox all works fine :)

I also use Appmodule.java-s, but this no success. Same bug without or with
Appmodule modification.

    public void contributeAlias(Configuration<AliasContribution>
configuration)
       {
               BaseURLSource source = new BaseURLSource()
               {
                      public String getBaseURL(boolean secure)
                    {
                        String protocol = secure ? "https" : "http";

                        int port = secure ? 8443: 8080;

                        return String.format("%s://localhost:%d", protocol,
port);
                    }
            };

configuration.add(AliasContribution.create(BaseURLSource.class,source));

       }

Any comments?
Or bugfixes?

Argo