Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/10/26 19:40:22 UTC

Drill 1.3 Timing: Let's start the vote next week

Hey Guys,

We talked about moving to a start of month release cycle and we're
approaching a start of month.

I'd like to volunteer for the next release and target next week as a target
voting period. Let's see what we can get merged this week and then use the
Sat - Tues for stabilization. (Target vote on Tuesday afternoon.)

Let me know your thoughts.

Jacques

Re: Drill 1.3 Timing: Let's start the vote next week

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
For Calcite-911, I did spend some time last week to modify the
existing patch according to Julian's comment.  Hopefully, I'll find
time this week to wrap it up and submit the revised patch for review.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Sounds good to me.

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
The ByteBuffer changes have been officially merged into mainline Parquet.
Anyone with interest in looking at the corresponding changes on the Drill
side can go take a look at my JIRA I posted earlier in the thread.

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
DRILL-3952 has been merged to master.

Thanks

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
> [...]

> at
> > > the
> at
> > > the
> see
> plugin

> the

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o2GvZUtJvKzN013JdM715ZBzhseT0VyZ9WgmLMeeUUk/edit#heading=h.wlenwxcj8f7t

> then
> > > you

> > okay?

> thought

> cycle
> > > and

> > next
> > week

> > --
> >
> > Abdelhakim Deneche
> >
> > Software Engineer
> >
> >   <http://www.mapr.com/>
> >

> > Now Available - Free Hadoop On-Demand Training

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer

  <http://www.mapr.com/>

Re: Drill 1.3 Timing: Let's start the vote next week

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.

wrote:

> [...]
> > this

> > pchandra@maprtech.com

> > 12th.

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o2GvZUtJvKzN013JdM715ZBzhseT0VyZ9WgmLMeeUUk/edit#heading=h.wlenwxcj8f7t

> > jacques@dremio.com

> you

> > > releases

> > parthc@apache.org

> > that
> > > we

> and

> > > week
> > and

> > --
> > *Jim Scott*
> > Director, Enterprise Strategy & Architecture
> > +1 (347) 746-9281
> > @kingmesal <https://twitter.com/kingmesal>
> >
> > <http://www.mapr.com/>
> > [image: MapR Technologies] <http://www.mapr.com>
> >
> > Now Available - Free Hadoop On-Demand Training

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer

  <http://www.mapr.com/>

Re: Drill 1.3 Timing: Let's start the vote next week

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Scott <js...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.
Hey All,

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Parth Chandra <pa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kamesh <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,
 Thanks for response and reviewing. All the tests on passing on master.

--
Kamesh.

Re: Drill 1.3 Timing: Let's start the vote next week

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Kamesh <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

--
Kamesh.

Re: Drill 1.3 Timing: Let's start the vote next week

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.
Hey Parth,

Posted by Parth Chandra <pc...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.