Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/08 10:44:50 UTC

[DAS] Status of DAS Release

First of all, let me thank you all for helping on this release.
Recently there has been a lot of progress, and things are looking good
from the list of issues we had listed in the wiki [1]. The remaining
documentation tasks could probably go in parallel with the release
candidates. So, we should start thinking about creating a branch for
the next release sometime soon, probably over the weekend or Monday
and then start publishing release candidates from that.

Also, I think we should look into the following items before we create
the first RC :

   - run rat and make the results available
   - review the contents of license, readme, release_notes, changes, etc
   - review javadoc
   - make sure samples readme are updated and correct and the samples
are working ok on different environments

I'd also like to suggest two other things :
   - Name the release beta1, to be aligned with the beta1 release of SDO.
   - Any blocking issue to be tracked as blocking JIRA and directly
assigned to beta1 release.

Does this sound ok to everyone?  Any Thoughts ?

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/RDB+DAS+-+Java+DAS+Beta1+Release

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: [DAS] Status of DAS Release

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I have created a branch [1] under revision #550344 to be used for the
DAS beta1 RC, and at the moment I'm only waiting on the EMF issue
being discussed under [2] to cut the first release candidate.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/branches/das-java-beta1/
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg19135.html

Re: [DAS] Status of DAS Release

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.