Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2015/08/18 23:04:49 UTC

[DISCUSS] [VOTE] incubator_corinthia_release_0.1

23 August is Sunday, not Monday.  It might not matter, but a simple solution is to simply keep the [VOTE] open until Monday, 24 August 2015.

 - Dennis

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
HI

just to be very clear I wrote 23th august, and that is the official end
date. It was a mistake that I called it monday, but I do not see any need
to change the end date. If you want to hang your hat on the very  non
precise word monday than why not assume I thought about 31th August.

With 23th August the vote has been open for more than 72 hours + 48 hours
extra for the weekend.

rgds
jan i

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Thank you.

Posted by Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org>.
> On 19 Aug 2015, at 4:04 am, Dennis E. Hamilton <de...@acm.org> wrote:
>
> 23 August is Sunday, not Monday.  It might not matter, but a simple solution is to simply keep the [VOTE] open until Monday, 24 August 2015.

I’m almost tempted not to reply to this, because I’m honestly getting *really* sick of all this nitpicking about procedures every time we have a vote instead of focusing on the substance of what’s being voted on. But I’ll bite...

I don’t understand this thing about weekends. I get it that some people may only spend Monday-Friday working, and want to have three full “business” days available to consider their vote. That makes sense if they’re doing votes as part of their regular 9-5 job.

But one could also make the argument that people working on open source projects outside of their day job only have the weekend available to do so in any significant. That would suggest the inverse, ensuring that votes always cross weekends, because such people are too busy with their day jobs during the week to participate in votes. All of us are in different situations regarding our schedules.