Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eduardo Yáñez Parareda <ed...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/15 10:41:49 UTC

Is Saxon incompatible with Struts 2?

Hello, I've to use Saxon 8 within a Struts 2 application but I'm having the
following exception:

<Feb 15, 2008 10:02:25 AM CET> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101165> <Could not load
user defined filter in web.xml:
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.
Class: net.sf.saxon.event.ResultWrapper
File: ResultWrapper.java
Method: getReceiver
Line: 218 - net/sf/saxon/event/ResultWrapper.java:218:-1
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadConfigurationFiles
(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:835)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadDocuments
(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:131)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.init(
XmlConfigurationProvider.java:100)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(
DefaultConfiguration.java:130)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(
ConfigurationManager.java:52)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
Unknown type of result: class javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMResult - Class:
net.sf.saxon.event.ResultWrapper
File: ResultWrapper.java
Method: getReceiver
Line: 218 - net/sf/saxon/event/ResultWrapper.java:218:-1
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.DomHelper.parse(DomHelper.java:123)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadConfigurationFiles
(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:830)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadDocuments
(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:131)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.init(
XmlConfigurationProvider.java:100)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(
DefaultConfiguration.java:130)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown type of result: class
javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMResult
        at net.sf.saxon.event.ResultWrapper.getReceiver(ResultWrapper.java
:218)
        at net.sf.saxon.IdentityTransformerHandler.startDocument(
IdentityTransformerHandler.java:94)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.DomHelper$DOMBuilder.startDocument(
DomHelper.java:237)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.location.LocationAttributes$Pipe.startDocument(
LocationAttributes.java:306)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.DomHelper$StartHandler.startDocument
(DomHelper.java:296)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Is the version of Saxon the problem?, could I use Saxon to make the
transformation I need but use Xalan to start up the application? How could I
do it?

--
Eduardo Yáñez Parareda
http://legalizate.blogspot.com