Posted to user@poi.apache.org by sidd <si...@in.com> on 2012/09/20 14:05:22 UTC

Breaking up workbook in byte chunks

I'm using POI in a reporting application, which several users can produce
large workbooks (30 columns with 2 worksheet each with up to 60,000 rows).
I'm currently getting Out Of Memory Errors. Can I use POI to produce chunks
of a workbook at a time (let's say 5MB at a time) in order to limit memory
usage and avoid Out Of Memory errors. Anyone has ever implemented something
similar?