Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Rajvinder Pal <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/20 05:22:20 UTC

Third Party jars using log4j 1

Hi ,

I have migrated my application to struts 2.5  and it uses log4j2. But in my
application, I am using few third party library  jars, which are using
log4j 1.  How to deal with such situation?

Thanks,
Raj

Re: Third Party jars using log4j 1

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
Use the log4j-1.2-api bridge jar.
Make sure the legacy log4j-1.2.x jar is _not_ on the classpath (exclude it
from maven dependencies).
See also https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/faq.html#which_jars
and https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/faq.html#exclusions

Good luck!