Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by pradeep kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/21 10:44:46 UTC

Can we solr serve data to any reporting engine? like Crystal, Japser, Birt etc

Hello all,

I was having doubt about using solr for analytics. After  going through
details, its clear now.

But one outstanding question now whether solr can serve data to any
reporting engine? like Crystal, JapserReport, Birt, DynamicReports etc.

If yes how can we use? Any examples/articles/blogs? Could some one explain.

Our requirement is to use Solr to index our data from RDBMS and use it as
data for reports, dashboard analytics, and few search screens with facets.

Other option is to use star schema offline db to serve the data for same
instead of solr.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Pradeep

Re: Can we solr serve data to any reporting engine? like Crystal, Japser, Birt etc

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Try asking your question on the solr-user list. You may get more help
there.

Upayavira

Posted by pradeep kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Any help?