Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Vijay Aravamudhan <av...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/26 20:20:51 UTC

How can we use the checksum task (or another ant task) to compare that the ftp worked

hi,
We have a client where a build process creates artifacts (jar, exe) and
uses the scp task to copy them over to an ftp server. Once this process
completes, an email is sent to the offshore team asking them to verify
that the file sizes (obtained from the build machine) are the same for
each file from the ftp server before they use these artifacts. I wanted
to use the checksum task or something similar to compare the file sizes
between the local and remote server before sending that email. If the
checksums don't match, we would like to fail the build. Does anyone know
how this can be accomplished?

thanks,
Vijay