Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Srinivasa Rao Katta <sk...@telegea.com> on 2002/10/04 18:05:49 UTC

Resolve the Ip addr

Folks,

How are you ?.

James 2.1a1 was running fine on my Solaris.

I am looking for the solution for following  requirement.

I am explaing requirement in the following way.

I want send an e-mail to pbotla@pbot-220-2k.telegea.com from local James
server
(skat-sun-s8.telegea.com)

The server pbot-220-2k  has James mail server on it.

As per my limitation,I do not want update the dns files for the
pbot-220-2k server.

I have updated hosts file on skat-sun-s8 for pbot-220-2k Ip address and
hostname.

However,the mail box pbotla on the server pbot-220-2k was not receiving
mails from
skat-sun-s8.

Please advice me.

Thanks,
Srinivas.

Re: Resolve the Ip addr

Posted by Srinivasa Rao Katta <sk...@telegea.com>.
Noel,

How are you ?.

Thanks for the info.

I can look at the config.xml for to see the mailets.

I can forward training info to my MGMT.

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks,
Srinivas.

RE: Resolve the Ip addr

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Re: Resolve the Ip addr

Posted by Srinivasa Rao Katta <sk...@telegea.com>.
Noel,

How are you ?.

Thanks for the info.

Here are the answers to your's questions.

> If James doesn't find an MX record, it should use the target host IFF the
> target host has a valid A or CNAME record.

ans)Seems,target host did not have any A or CNAME records.

> > However,the mail box pbotla on the server pbot-220-2k was
> > not receiving mails from skat-sun-s8.
>
> What does the mailet log on skat-sun-s8 show for RemoteDelivery?  What does
> the smtpserver log show on pbot-220-2k?

ans)Here is the mailer log  info on skat-sun-s8.

Here exchange.telegea.com is gateway to mailserver skat-sun-s8.
-------------------------------------

04/10/02 11:23:00 INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: sending mail to
[pbotla@pb
ot-220-2k.telegea.com] on host pbot-220-2k.telegea.com
04/10/02 11:23:00 INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: Remote delivery thread
(0)
 will process mail Mail1033744975743-1-to-pbot-220-2k.telegea.com
04/10/02 11:23:00 INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: attempting to deliver
Mail
1033744975743-1-to-pbot-220-2k.telegea.com
04/10/02 11:23:00 INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: attempting delivery of
Mai
l1033744975743-1-to-pbot-220-2k.telegea.com to host exchange.telegea.com to
[pbo
tla@pbot-220-2k.telegea.com]
04/10/02 11:23:04 INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: mail
(Mail1033744975743-1-
to-pbot-220-2k.telegea.com) sent successfully to exchange.telegea.com

I was receiving mails from exchange to postmaster.

Here is the mesg info.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.