Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luis Zorita <lz...@pas.uned.es> on 2004/07/01 11:17:54 UTC

default user for administrate and manage Tomcat

Hi list:
I,ve just installed Tomcat 5.0.25 . My problem is that I donĀ“t know the
default user for administrate and manage de server.
Do you know these values or where can I found it in the doc.
Thanks in advance
Luis Zorita

Re: default user for administrate and manage Tomcat

Posted by "alu, artifex" <ap...@artifex.co.at>.
further explanation follows:
the manager webapp allows every user with the role "manager" to log in,
the admin webapp
requires the role "admin" - so you could have any number of users
accessing the webapps, as
long as they have the required roles. of course its also possible to
have a single user with both
roles:

<user username="su" password="xxx" roles="admin,manager"/>

art