Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Iulia Alexandrescu <al...@in.tum.de> on 2005/10/05 14:22:00 UTC

Best practices for portlet development

Hello,

I am a student at the Technical University in Munich, Germany and I am
working on a university project on design patterns for portlets.
The focus of my work is researching the best practices when developing a
web portlet, especially which design patterns are the most suitable for
portlets development.
For example, the MVC pattern is one of the most popular design patterns
for portlets.

I am writing to you to ask which design patterns are used in the
development of your portlets from the Apache Pluto Portal.
- What design patterns do you use for your portlets?
- Do you use MVC among others?
- Do you have your own design patterns?
- Do you use any templates or guidelines for portlet development that
involve design patterns?

I am looking forward to your answer. Any answer would help with the
research, as experts’ interviews are part of my work in the project.

I appreciate any references you consider to be related to my search.

Thank you,
Julia Alexandrescu

Department of Informatics
Technical University Munich