Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2012/08/21 18:11:05 UTC

Change the default implementation of HTTP in HTTP request ?

Hello,

Regardless Cookie Manager (HC3/HC4), It's would be a good thing to
change the default implementation of the HTTP client in the HTTP request.

Today, the default is the HTTP "Java" request, but it has the following
issues:
* HTTPS less efficient than HC3 or HC4
* No possibility to change source IP

Implementation HC 3.1 is stable and reliable

The implementation HC4 is (relatively) recent in JMeter. And there were
some anomalies in the past.

I think the next version of JMeter could have HC3.1 as a default
implementation. (Or if you want to be bold, have HC4)

What's is your opinion?

Milamber

Re: Change the default implementation of HTTP in HTTP request ?

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Le 21/08/2012 17:11, Milamber a ecrit :
> Hello,
>
> Regardless Cookie Manager (HC3/HC4), It's would be a good thing to
> change the default implementation of the HTTP client in the HTTP request.
>
> Today, the default is the HTTP "Java" request, but it has the
> following issues:
> * HTTPS less efficient than HC3 or HC4
> * No possibility to change source IP
* HTTP method PATCH support (HC3 and HC4)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21 August 2012 18:55, Immanuel Hayden <im...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's probably a bug in JMeter ...
> doh ^^ but it's controller-specific, it works with HC4, but no other ;)

JMeter has some wrapper code which is necessarily unique to each HTTP
implementation, as they all have different APIs (and behaviour).

Posted by Immanuel Hayden <im...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Immanuel Hayden <im...@gmail.com>.