Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Daniele Carlucci <da...@email.it> on 2004/07/07 17:21:29 UTC

How can I compile new samples?

I'm an italian student. Can I make you a question about xerces-c++ under
linux?
If I want to compile a new file with xerces how can I do it?
If I compile the examples inside the Xerces i must to write in the
console: "gmake", but with a new file in c++ with a .cpp and .hpp files
I haven't idea, I must write the makefile for every example?

Thanks
Daniele Carlucci

Re: SV:How can I compile new samples?

Posted by Daniele Carlucci <da...@email.it>.
It's ok!

Thanks for your time.
Daniele

Compile problem on SGI IRIX 6.5

Posted by Ramesh Miraje <ra...@easiindia.com>.
dear all,
I am trying to compile xerces-c-src1_6_0 on IRIX 6.5
I used following command for configure :
runConfigure -pirix -ccc -xCC
make

I get the following error when using 'make' :
make: file `Makefile.incl' line 103: Must be a separator (: or ::) for
rules (bu39)
make: file `Makefile.incl' line 105: Must be a separator (: or ::) for
rules (bu39)
make: file `Makefile.incl' line 111: Must be a separator (: or ::) for
rules (bu39)
make: file `Makefile.incl' line 112: Must be a separator (: or ::) for
rules (bu39)
make: file `Makefile.incl' line 117: Must be a separator (: or ::) for
rules (bu39)
make: file `Makefile.incl' line 120: Must be a separator (: or ::) for
rules (bu39)
make: file `Makefile.incl' line 122: Must be a separator (: or ::) for
rules (bu39)
CXX changed after being used
make: file `Makefile.incl' line 217: Must be a separator (: or ::) for
rules (bu39)
make: file `Makefile.incl' line 217: Syntax error

Please let me know how can I build it successfully.

Thanks in advance.
Ramesh

SV:How can I compile new samples?

Posted by Gröndal Daniel <da...@rfv.sfa.se>.
Hi!

I am not sure what you are asking, but if you have compiled xerces (or
installed a binary version) you should be able to compile your file as any
other file you have created. Then when you link your executablable you just
link it with xerces.

For example (using CC as compiler on a Solaris-system):

CC newFile.cpp -L<path to xerces lib> -lxerces-c

This will compile your file newFile.cpp and then link it with libxerces-c.so
that resides in <path to xerces lib>.

Should be rougly the same with gcc on Linux. See the manual for gcc.

//daniel

Daniele Carlucci  (2004-07-07  17:21):
>I'm an italian student. Can I make you a question about xerces-c++ under
>linux?
>If I want to compile a new file with xerces how can I do it?
>If I compile the examples inside the Xerces i must to write in the
>console: "gmake", but with a new file in c++ with a .cpp and .hpp files
>I haven't idea, I must write the makefile for every example?
>
>Thanks
>Daniele Carlucci

RFV Data/Produktenheten     E-post: daniel.grondal@rfv.sfa.se
Daniel Gröndal              Tfn: 060-187126
S:a Järnvägsgatan 41        Mobil: 070-3016517
851 93 Sundsvall            Fax: 060-147870