Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Leicester <ma...@efurbishment.com> on 2005/03/29 02:07:25 UTC

Cocoon case studies

Hi everyone,

SpreadCocoon (http://www.spreadcocoon.com) is about marketing Cocoon,
and I'd like to build up database of Cocoon case studies.

I came across an excellent writeup of a Cocoon project on Bertrand's
weblog, reproduced here:
http://www.spreadcocoon.com/node/5
(Bertrand, may I reproduce your analysis on the SpreadCocoon site?)

While the current live sites list (at
http://cocoon.apache.org/link/livesites-2.1.html) contains a lot of
links, there is very little about the genesis of the projects, the
implementation, or the outcome. Are people willing to go into more
detail?

If you are, please visit SpreadCocoon, register, and add your Cocoon
success story to the "Cocoon in the wild" forum!

Best regards,
Mark

Re: Cocoon case studies

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 30 mars 05, à 01:17, Mark Leicester a écrit :
> ...What sort of things would you like to see on SpreadCocoon?...

In short: I'd love to see a *magazine* about Cocoon (online of course),
with opinions, user's voices, comparisons of projects and techniques,
etc. A site with its own voice will certainly attract readers.

What I wouldn't like is simple copies of other material, without added
editorial value.

This is of course my personal view of it, others might think different.

-Bertrand

Re: Cocoon case studies

Posted by Mark Leicester <ma...@efurbishment.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

On 29 Mar 2005, at 20:30, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 29 mars 05, à 02:07, Mark Leicester a écrit :
>
>> ...(Bertrand, may I reproduce your analysis on the SpreadCocoon
>> site?)...
>
> Well, you've done it already, not?
> ;-)

(blush) yes, sorry - 30+ and still impetuous.

Fact is, your article is a very, very good post mortem on a Cocoon
project. It's that kind of thing that I'd like to see being used to
illustrate the sort of thinking behind a successful Cocoon web
application.

> I should add a creative commons license to my weblog at some point,
> but you can go ahead, with attribution as you did.

Yes, good idea. Any original material (I create) for SpreadCocoon will
be released under a CC license too.

What sort of things would you like to see on SpreadCocoon?

Regards,
Mark

Re: Cocoon case studies

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Cocoon case studies

Posted by "Christoph Gaffga (triplemind.com)" <cg...@triplemind.com>.
hey, seems your spread cocoon site is done with PHP :((

why not using cocoon if you want to spread it?

regards,
Christoph Gaffga
cgaffga@triplemind.com