Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Prior <sp...@geekster.com> on 2002/08/09 17:05:35 UTC

migrating from gnuJSP to tomcat 4/apache 2

I have happily been serving JSP pages from Apache 1.3/jserv/gnuJSP
for over a year now, and am starting to become motivated to move
to Apache2/Tomcat.

With GnuJSP I could have JSP files anywhere I wanted under the htdocs
directory for Apache and they would be passed to GnuJSP, but all
other files (html, jpg, shtml, whatever) would still be handled by
apache.

I have Tomcat already connected using mod_jk2 to apache2 so that I
can go to http://localhost/examples/jsp/whatever so it appears to
be functionioning mostly right.  What I cannot and really want to
do is to be able to put JSP files anywhere in the apache tree (like I
used to) and have apache pass them off to tomcat, but handle everything
else by itself.

Is this even possible with the new architecture of Tomcat?  I have so
many JSP pages scattered throughout my site that it seems that if every
directory that uses JSP pages needs to be handled by tomcat that I
won't be left with apache handling anything by itself.

Thanks
Steve