Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by kshah82 <ki...@persistent.co.in> on 2011/01/07 11:35:23 UTC

Rollingstyle on date is not working for RollingFileAppender

Hi,

We have set rollingstyle on date from my rollingfileappender. What we have
observered that when rolling takes place at 12:00 AM , it does not roll all
data from existing file where logging is happening.For example,  we have
checked around 11:59 the logging file size is around 1000 KB and it rolled
only 17KB of data. We have observered this behaviour for couple of days in a
row. Why is it happening ? Any idea on this. Following is
rollingfileappender configuration :

    <appender name="RollingFileAppender"
type=log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
    <threshold value ="ALL"/>
    <file value="C:\LogFiles\test.log" />

    <appendToFile value="true" />
    <maximumFileSize value="1GB" />
    <staticLogFileName value="true"/>
    <maxSizeRollBackups value="5" />
    <datePattern value=".yyyy-MM-dd".log""/>
    <rollingStyle value="Composite" />

   </layout>
  </appender>

Please revert on this ASAP as we are stuck on it.