Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Gregory F. March" <ma...@gfm.net> on 2004/01/22 14:13:55 UTC

Re: editor

On Jan 22, 2004, "dirk" <st...@pandora.be>  wrote:

 |Does anybody knows a good and free struts editor ?=20

Ob. Emacs plug...

/greg

--
Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net:81/~march    -=-    AIM:GfmNet

Converting data in a ActionForm

Posted by Peter Sloots <pe...@xs4all.nl>.
Hi

I'm using the following code in a ActionForm to convert 3 strings to a Timestamp,
problem is that some of the string are null, getBirthdateMonth() is still null because setBirthdateMonth()
is called after setBirthdate(). Can someone tell me what is the right approach.

I would like to handle all the dataconversion in the form class.
Now I'm calling setBirthdate() from the Action class, to make this work.
But I don't see a way to get the values from the form before the setBirthdateMonth is called.

What is a best practice to do this kind of dataconversion.

	public String getBirthdate() {
		Date birthdate = null;
		Timestamp ts = this.data.getBirthdate();
		if (ts != null) {
			birthdate = new Date(ts.getTime());
			setBirthdateDay(formatDay.format(birthdate));
			setBirthdateMonth(formatMonth.format(birthdate));
			setBirthdateYear(formatYear.format(birthdate));
			return ts.toString();
		}
		return null;
	}

	public void setBirthdate(String birthdate) {
		Date date = formatBack.parse(getBirthdateYear() + "-" + getBirthdateMonth() + "-" + getBirthdateDay(), new java.text.ParsePosition(0));
		Timestamp ts = null;
		if (date != null) {
			ts = new Timestamp(date.getTime());
			this.data.setBirthdate(ts);
		}
	}

RE: custom request processor

Posted by Mohan Radhakrishnan <mr...@cellexchange.com>.
Fixed this by changing the order in the xml file. Now my class
EnvironmentRequestProcessor extends TilesRequestProcessor because I am using
Tiles also. But this code

	protected ActionForward processActionPerform( HttpServletRequest request,
											      HttpServletResponse response,											  Action action,
												  ActionForm form,
											      ActionMapping mapping ) 									throws IOException,
ServletException {
	if( mapping != null && mapping.getName() != null ){
		System.out.println( "The action mapping is " +
mapping.getName().toString() );
	}

	ActionForward forward =	super.processActionPerform(
request,response,action,form,	mapping);

returns null. I was planning to do something based on which mapping it is.

Help appreciated.

Mohan

Re: AW: how to show error messages in a pop up window?

Posted by Björn Moritz <bm...@gmx.de>.
You could also have a look at
http://www.servletsuite.com/servlets/strutserrortag.htm. The description mentions a popupErrorTag, which might exactly do
what you need.

Björn

Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam für nur 29 EUR http://www.gmx.net/topmail

Re: AW: how to show error messages in a pop up window?

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Dirk,

Urgent: Call ActionClass from link

Posted by Manuel Lenz <Lz...@viessmann.com>.

Hi to all,
I still have the same problem and didn´t find any hint in the list archive.

I want to call an ActionClass from a Link.
This code should be run (I copied it from an archive topic):
<a class="leftnav"
href="javascript:window.open('InfoAction.do','windowName', 'status=no')">

But if I deploy this code my appServer returns an error:

[INFO] RequestProcessor - -Processing a 'GET' for path '/InfoAction'
[22.01.04 15:46:04:696 CET] 43b8e552 WebGroup      X Servlet Error: :
java.lang.NullPointerException
      at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.forwardURL(RequestUtils.java:1223)

But there exists an Action which has this name?
Any idea why this doesn´t work?

Manuel

AW: how to show error messages in a pop up window?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Dirk-