Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Markus <ma...@yahoo.de> on 2011/07/29 16:32:30 UTC

Problems with classloader

Hi all,

I am launching ant within Java Code. To be more precise I launch it from a Servlet which is invoked from the Servlet Engine Jetty.

I want to launch  the "mail" task and I obtain the following error:

Failed to initialise MIME mail: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.email.MimeMailer

This is a known problem and the solution is to add the mail and activation.jar either by specifying in the lib options or in home/.ant/lib.
I did this and when launching the target from shell via ant or within eclipse it works fine, but when launching within java, I obtain this error.

Any Idea, how I have to specify the classes?

many thanks for your help

cheers markus

Re: Problems with classloader

Posted by Rainer Noack <ra...@noacks.net>.
Hi, depends on how you launch ant from java.
ant-style classpath reordering/resolution ("-lib option", ANT_HOME and
so on) is done in the Launcher.

If you just call Ant's Main class, you have to add the required jars in
your application's  (system-)classpath.

Cheers

Rainer