Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2008/09/26 20:53:59 UTC

ApacheCon US promo

Cross-posting...

Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a number of Lucene/
Solr/Mahout/Tika related talks, training sessions, and Birds of a
Feather (BOF) gatherings at ApacheCon New Orleans this fall.

Details:
When: November 3-7
Where:  Sheraton, New Orleans, USA

Lucene:

Advanced Indexing Techniques by Michael Busch: http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/7

Lucene Boot Camp (2 day hands-on training by me): http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/69

Solr:

Solr out of the Box by Chris Hostetter: http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/9

Beyond the Box by Hoss: http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/10

Solr Boot Camp (1 day hands-on training by Erik Hatcher): http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/91

Mahout:

Intro to Mahout and Machine Learning (by me): http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/11

Tika:

Content Analysis for ECM with Apache Tika by Paolo Mottadelli : http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/12

There's also one more Lucene session that is TBD, but it will be on
that same Wednesday as everything else.  Chances are it will be an
intro to Lucene type talk.

BOFs:  http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherUs08

Cheers,
Grant

Re: ApacheCon US promo

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
I don't know what their plans are for recording.  I think they did
record in Amsterdam this year.  I will certainly post my slides.  The
talk is meant to be a gentle intro to Mahout and the types of problems
it can solve, as well as some basic background on ML.  I suspect most
people in the audience will not be that familiar w/ machine learning,
and thus I will not be talking at low level details.

-Grant

On Sep 26, 2008, at 8:41 PM, Vikramaditya Jakkula wrote:

> It would be nice to have a video recording of the Mahout session
> atleast the
> audio and slides using Camtasia or other such recording products, it
> would
> be great to have it on the wiki or a pointer to youtube works just
> fine.
>

> Grant Ingersoll-6 wrote:
>>
>> Cross-posting...
>>
>> Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a number of
>> Lucene/
>> Solr/Mahout/Tika related talks, training sessions, and Birds of a
>> Feather (BOF) gatherings at ApacheCon New Orleans this fall.
>>
>> Details:
>> When: November 3-7
>> Where:  Sheraton, New Orleans, USA
>>
>> Lucene:
>>
>> Advanced Indexing Techniques by Michael Busch:
>> http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/7
>>
>> Lucene Boot Camp (2 day hands-on training by me):
>> http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/69
>>
>> Solr:
>>
>> Solr out of the Box by Chris Hostetter:
>> http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/9
>>
>> Beyond the Box by Hoss: http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/
>> 10
>>
>> Solr Boot Camp (1 day hands-on training by Erik Hatcher):
>> http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/91
>>
>> Mahout:
>>
>> Intro to Mahout and Machine Learning (by me):
>> http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/11
>>
>> Tika:
>>
>> Content Analysis for ECM with Apache Tika by Paolo Mottadelli :
>> http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/sessions/12
>>

>> There's also one more Lucene session that is TBD, but it will be on
>> that same Wednesday as everything else.  Chances are it will be an
>> intro to Lucene type talk.
>>

>> BOFs:  http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherUs08
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Grant