Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/11/15 18:12:13 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Ambari from Apache Incubator

This is a call for vote to graduate Ambari from Apache Incubator.

The Apache Ambari project has been incubating since August 2011.
We have made significant progress with the project during the two years
of Incubation, adding 27 committers for a total of 36 committers [1], and
producing 8 releases following ASF policies and guidelines.
The Apache Ambari community has voted to graduate Ambari as a TLP [2].
The community vote results can be found at [3].
The discussion thread for the board resolution can be found at [4].

Please cast your votes:

[  ] +1 Graduate Ambari from Incubator
[  ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Ambari
[  ] -1 Reject graduation of Ambari from Incubator

This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours from now.
Please find the proposed board resolution below.

[1] http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#ambari
[2] http://markmail.org/thread/cp5ajf2uvfl3oj66
[3] http://markmail.org/message/l6zss4rgfcs3gvpm
[4] http://markmail.org/thread/36dplr3pwzmazwmg

Regards,
Yusaku Sako

###

X. Establish the Apache Ambari Project

      open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
      the public, related to Hadoop cluster management.

      Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Ambari Project",
      Foundation; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the Apache Ambari Project be and hereby is
      related to Hadoop cluster management;
      and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Ambari" be
      and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
      serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
      of the Apache Ambari Project, and to have primary responsibility
      for management of the projects within the scope of
      responsibility of the Apache Ambari Project; and be it further

      Apache Ambari Project:

        * Babiichuk Andriy (ababiichuk)
        * Arun Murthy (acmurthy)
        * Aleksandr Kovalenko (akovalenko)
        * Antonenko Aleksandr Igorevich (alexantonenko)
        * Andrii Tkach (atkach)
        * Bernd Fondermann (berndf)
        * Billie Rinaldi (billie)
        * Christopher Douglas (cdouglas)
        * Chad Roberts (croberts)
        * Devaraj Das (ddas)
        * Dmitry Lysnichenko (dmitriusan)
        * Dmytro Sen (dsen)
        * Eric Yang (eyang)
        * Hitesh Shah (hitesh)
        * Jagane Sundar (jagane)
        * Jaimin Jetly (jaimin)
        * Jitendra Pandey (jitendra)
        * John Speidel (jspeidel)
        * Kan Zhang (kzhang)
        * Mahadev Konar (mahadev)
        * Papirkovskyy Myroslav (mpapirkovskyy)
        * Nate Cole (ncole)
        * Oleksandr Diachenko (odiachenko)
        * Owen O’Malley (omalley)
        * Oleg Nechiporenko (onechiporenko)
        * Ramya Sunil (ramya)
        * Varun Kapoor (reznor)
        * Sumit Mohanty (smohanty)
        * Srimanth Gunturi (srimanth)
        * Siddharth Wagle (swagle)
        * Thomas Beerbower (tbeerbower)
        * Suhas (vgogate)
        * Vikram Dixit K (vikram)
        * Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli (vinodkv)
        * Xi Wang (xiwang)
        * Yusaku Sako (yusaku)

      NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Yusaku Sako
      be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Ambari, to
      serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
      death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
      or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Ambari PMC be and hereby is
      tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
      encourage open development and increased participation in the
      Apache Ambari Project; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the Apache Ambari Project be and hereby
      Incubator Ambari podling; and be it further

      Incubator Ambari podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
      Project are hereafter discharged.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ambari from Apache Incubator

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding) for graduation

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> This is a call for vote to graduate Ambari from Apache Incubator.
>
> The Apache Ambari project has been incubating since August 2011.
> We have made significant progress with the project during the two years
> of Incubation, adding 27 committers for a total of 36 committers [1], and
> producing 8 releases following ASF policies and guidelines.
> The Apache Ambari community has voted to graduate Ambari as a TLP [2].
> The community vote results can be found at [3].
> The discussion thread for the board resolution can be found at [4].
>
> Please cast your votes:
>
> [  ] +1 Graduate Ambari from Incubator
> [  ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Ambari
> [  ] -1 Reject graduation of Ambari from Incubator

+1 (binding)

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ambari from Apache Incubator

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
 +1

thanks
mahadev
Mahadev Konar
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> This is a call for vote to graduate Ambari from Apache Incubator....

+1, congrats!
-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Ambari from Apache Incubator

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 (binding).

G'luck guys!

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
+1 for graduation (binding)

Posted by "Arun C. Murthy" <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

> [...]

>      NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Yusaku Sako
>      be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Ambari, to
>      serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>      Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>      death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>      or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>      RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Ambari PMC be and hereby is
>      tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>      encourage open development and increased participation in the
>      Apache Ambari Project; and be it further
>
>      RESOLVED, that the Apache Ambari Project be and hereby
>      is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>      Incubator Ambari podling; and be it further
>
>      RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>      Incubator Ambari podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE