Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2008/04/14 18:10:47 UTC

RE: [Proposal] NoNameYet aka Davos

> There is a discussion going on Tuscany dev list whether the SDO part of
> the community would like to join the new project in the event it will
> get approved in incubation. Once there is a consensus, Kelvin will
> update the proposal.

> Also, we think we found a name for the project: Davos. It contains the
> sdo letters; it's simple, easy to remember and we hope everyone will
> like it.

Status?

	--- Noel

RE: [Proposal] NoNameYet aka Davos

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
ant elder wrote:

> I think there was consensus with the Tuscany folks to join the new project
> if it went ahead

That's what I was seeing.  Coincidentally, I was just reading the mail
archives when your message came in.

> but after assessing all the discussions and feedback from the Incubator
> it was decided to not to go ahead with the proposal. The others involved
> may have more detailed comments but thats about the sum of it.

That is still a surprise.  Even if Tuscany SDO had not moved/merged, I don't
believe that we would have prevented the projects if that were to be the
sole issue, and so with Tuscany agreeing to the plan, I'd have fully
expected to see the proposal.

	--- Noel

Re: [Proposal] NoNameYet aka Davos

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:

> ant elder wrote:

> of
> will
> > >
> > > Status?
> >
> > I gather its not going to be taken any further.
>
> Oh?  That's a surprise.  We'd been given the impression that all was well,
> and that the Tuscany SDO folks were looking forward to joining the new
> project.  Is there explanation on the Tuscany list?

I think there was consensus with the Tuscany folks to join the new project
if it went ahead, but after assessing all the discussions and feedback from
the Incubator it was decided to not to go ahead with the proposal. The
others involved may have more detailed comments but thats about the sum of
it.

   ...ant

RE: [Proposal] NoNameYet aka Davos

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.