Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by jun aoki <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/12/08 01:34:26 UTC

modifying repo information is no longer possible

Hi Dmitry Lysnichenko,

I found an issue where I can no longer modify repo information.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-14259

It seems that some new restriction was introduced by you (sorry if I'm
mistaken! )
https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/c58162fe3538f8e4d67ad11da6f7d3c8940012a6#diff-2355b7d1425e912676539afed8f99abaR253

Could you please share your thoughts why modifying repo info should not be
allowed?
I think we don't want to have that restriction since users and companies
might change their internal repo host machine (because it maybe broken or
upgraded) and it can happen to have a new host name.
Also third parties want to add new services along with its repository and
with the check it is not feasible.

We would like to loosen the check but would like to communicate with you to
know what was the idea behind.

--
-jun