Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org> on 2005/10/12 19:44:08 UTC

proposed text for M5 press release

We need to get something out as a statement of record.  here's the
short version - to the point, short and sweet.  I have a longer one
if people want something longer...

I'd like to get a brief up or down, comments, edits, and then loft
over to PRC today.  Time is a moving...

-----

Apache Geronimo Reaches J2EE 1.4 Certification Milestone

Forest Hill, MD - October 11, 2005 -- The Apache Software Foundation is
pleased to announce the release of Apache Geronimo 1.0-M5, the first
fully certified release of the Apache Geronimo project's J2EE 1.4
application server. Apache Geronimo v1.0-M5 contains a number of
enhancements, including the integration of Apache Tomcat , a
developer preview of the upcoming management console, and a multitude of
configuration and usability  improvements.  The release is available
for download from the Apache Geronimo web site (http://
geronimo.apache.org/).

Founded in August of 2003, the project was chartered with creating
certified implementations of the J2EE (Java 2 Enterprise Edition)
specification.  The project certified their implementation using the
J2EE 1.4 Technology Compatibility Kit, a comprehensive testsuite
that ensures the software conforms to the J2EE specification.

The project is proud of their accomplishment, and invites users and
developers to come participate in this exciting and innovative
project of the Apache Software Foundation.

About the Apache Software Foundation

The Apache Software Foundation provides organizational, legal, and
financial support for a broad range of open source software
projects.  As
a US 501(c)(3) public charity, the Foundation provides an established
framework for contributions of both intellectual property and funding
for
the support of open source software development.  Through a
collaborative
and meritocratic development process, Apache projects deliver
enterprise-grade, freely available software products for the public
benefit, attracting large communities of users and enabling future
innovation, both commercial and individual, through its pragmatic Apache
License.

Press Contact:

   press@apache.org

geirm@apache.org

Re: proposed text for M5 press release

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
I had a bad mail disruption earlier (someone moved a mail machine
from colo to colo... "Hey, I didn't think it would affect you..."
"Even when the server was on a truck?" "Oh...") so I missed Dain's...

Dain : you're right - I'll add those in.  I have our handy-dandy
branding guide too... maybe I should read that :)

geir

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
+1

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 10/12/05, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@apache.org> wrote:
> We need to get something out as a statement of record.  here's the
> short version - to the point, short and sweet.  I have a longer one
> if people want something longer...
>
> I'd like to get a brief up or down, comments, edits, and then loft
> over to PRC today.  Time is a moving...
>
> -----
>
> Apache Geronimo Reaches J2EE 1.4 Certification Milestone
>
> Forest Hill, MD - October 11, 2005 -- The Apache Software Foundation is
> pleased to announce the release of Apache Geronimo 1.0-M5, the first
> fully certified release of the Apache Geronimo project's J2EE 1.4
> application server. Apache Geronimo v1.0-M5 contains a number of
> enhancements, including the integration of Apache Tomcat , a
> developer preview of the upcoming management console, and a multitude of
> configuration and usability  improvements.  The release is available
> for download from the Apache Geronimo web site (http://
> geronimo.apache.org/).
>
> Founded in August of 2003, the project was chartered with creating
> certified implementations of the J2EE (Java 2 Enterprise Edition)
> specification.  The project certified their implementation using the
> J2EE 1.4 Technology Compatibility Kit, a comprehensive testsuite
> that ensures the software conforms to the J2EE specification.
>
> The project is proud of their accomplishment, and invites users and
> developers to come participate in this exciting and innovative
> project of the Apache Software Foundation.
>
> About the Apache Software Foundation
>
> The Apache Software Foundation provides organizational, legal, and
> financial support for a broad range of open source software
> projects.  As
> a US 501(c)(3) public charity, the Foundation provides an established
> framework for contributions of both intellectual property and funding
> for
> the support of open source software development.  Through a
> collaborative
> and meritocratic development process, Apache projects deliver
> enterprise-grade, freely available software products for the public
> benefit, attracting large communities of users and enabling future
> innovation, both commercial and individual, through its pragmatic Apache
> License.

+1

Bruce
);'