Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Stéphane Rault <ks...@yahoo.fr> on 2005/01/05 11:26:29 UTC

newDOMNode trouble

Hello all !

I'm quite new to xmlBeans and very impress by the work done.

I tried to use the newDomNode() to get a DOM access to some point of my
document. So I use a getter to optain a XmlObject instance, I print it
with toString() and I obtain a xml-fragment. But when I apply the
newDomNode() method on this xmlObject, i get this :

    at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Saver$DomSaver.emitContainer(Saver.java:4514)
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Saver.processContainer(Saver.java:775)
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Saver.process(Saver.java:518)
    at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Saver$DomSaver.exportDom(Saver.java:4461)
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cursor.newDomNode(Cursor.java:2954)
    at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase.newDomNode(XmlObjectBase.java:154)
    at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase.newDomNode(XmlObjectBase.java:151)
    at test.TestXmlBeans.main(TestXmlBeans.java:47)

Did I miss something ?

Thanks in advance.
--
Stéphane.

P.S. :

My souce code fragment :

               Options prs =
doc.getCommunicationApplication().getGeneral().getOptions();  // Options
is the XmlObject instance

                System.out.println("prs = "+prs);

                Element elt = (Element) prs.newDomNode();

Re: newDOMNode trouble

Posted by Franco Lazzarino <fl...@gmail.com>.
i don't know how much this helps but i've had similar null pointer
exps when working with DOM. they were all due to a Text node being
null or the text in it being null.

hope it helps.

Franco

Re: newDOMNode trouble