Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <si...@chello.at> on 2007/10/24 17:51:45 UTC

Re:Conformance with HTML 4.01?

---- Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> schrieb:
> @warnings in the produced HTML: I can't follow you there - both the RI
> and MyFaces produce ids of the form "_id42", so I don't see how this
> would be different between the implementations?

This is an interesting point. The HTML401 spec does say that an ID attribute must start with ([A-Za-z])
  http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#type-name

However UIViewRoot.UNIQUE_ID_PREFIX is specified as "_id" in the official Sun javadocs (ie the spec).

I guess the html renderkit should be transforming this "component id" into a valid html value, and transforming it back before the "decode" step. Does the renderkit get invoked before decode?

Martin, I presume you're saying that sun are really writing "_id" into the html output, like MyFaces does? If so there any reason why MyFaces would need to stay compatible with Sun here? I can't think of one..

Regards,

Simon

Re: Conformance with HTML 4.01?

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

the RI is definitely rendering "_id". I have been questioning this
before, answer was there are versions of the HTML spec where the _ is
a valid starting character. I don't remember which versions this were
- XHTML?

regards,

Martin

--