Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Johnnie Chang <Jo...@apm-inc.com> on 2005/07/05 19:40:48 UTC

Map network drive

Hi,

We used to use an older version of Tomcat.  The old version did not run as a
service.  On the old version, we have an Java aplication that needs to
access mapped network drives.  With the new Tomcat 5.x, the Tomcat is ran as
a service, and I do not know how to map a network drive in this case.  Is
there any instruction on how to do this? Thanks.

Johnnie

Re: Map network drive

Posted by "David F. Newman" <dn...@maraudingpirates.org>.
If I were you I would use UNC paths if possible instead of relying on
mapped drives.

However, having said that, you should be able to setup the service
to run as a particular user.  I believe it should be a domain user.  Then
log into the server using that domain login and map the drive
persistently.  Then logout.  The mapped drive should be available to
the service when it runs.

I came across a windows scheduled task just a few months ago that
was setup to write out to a file on a mapped drive like this and it
seemed to work.  I converted it to UNC and unmapped the drive
though because I didn't like doing that.

-Dave