Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Benites <be...@cs.unca.edu> on 2003/10/30 19:30:04 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd 2.0.48 failure

I am running on a HP (ne DEC) Alpha workstation:

% uname -a
OSF1 beech.cc.unca.edu V5.0 910 alpha

I've compiled the newest version (and all previous version) of the
Apache web server on this platform, always using the same configure
command:

	./configure CC=cc --enable-so --prefix=/usr/local/apache

I didn't have any problems during the configure, make, or "make
install". But when I start the Apache 2.0.48 web server it fails
immediately:

% /sbin/init.d/httpd start
[Thu Oct 30 09:12:19 2003] [crit] [Thu Oct 30 09:12:19 2003] file config.c, \
        line 1864, assertion "rv == APR_SUCCESS" failed
/sbin/init.d/httpd: 84476 Abort - core dumped

You can see the output from the configure, make and "make install"
commands at:

	 www.cs.unca.edu/~benites/httpd2048

BTW, I've compiled the newest version using a similar configuration
for Linux and it works fine.

Any idea of what's causing the failure?

Thanks!

-- Bob Benites